5' x 8' Trailer
with 12" Tires
(SJ-8531 trailer with two SJ8541 ramps)
What are the benefits of owning a RedTrailer?
- All RedTrailer hubs have a grease fitting in the back of the hub for easy lubrication.
- This model has three-leaf axle springs for better suspension (most similar trailers have two-leaf axle springs).
- RedTrailer couplers are mounted on square steel tubing, not a flat metal plate — that's an important safety feature.
- RedTrailers have a center support beam that is 48" x 2-1/2" x 2" with two 18" support brackets, for greater stability and safety.
- Every RedTrailer comes with a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) so that you can easily get a license plate for your trailer. Some companies don't provide this very important document.
RedTrailer kits are easy to assemble!
- A few end wrenches, a pair of pliers and a screwdriver are all that's needed.
- RedTrailers have pre-drilled holes on the top of the frame rails to attach flooring material.
- In most cases, assembly can be completed in approximately 2 hours.
What Makes RedTrailers Better?|
Many people visit our website, then tell us that they've seen "the same trailers"
for sale elsewhere on the Internet – at lower prices.
Well, to put it simply, they've been fooled!
It's true that there are similar trailers available elsewhere, but don't
make the mistake of thinking that all folding utility trailers are the same!
RedTrailers are uniquely designed and manufactured to our exact specifications. So if you're
buying a folding trailer kit, make sure that it's a genuine RedTrailers brand trailer.
Here's how you can spot the difference:
Notice the difference in the tongue design. RedTrailers have a center tongue
support tube that provides greater strength (and greater safety) while towing. The RedTrailers
coupler is securely mounted to the end of the 50-inch steel support tube, while the
"Brand X" coupler is simply bolted to a lightweight flat metal plate.
And beware ... some unscrupulous vendors have been known to include pictures of
RedTrailers in their advertisements, even though they're not selling genuine RedTrailers!
So before you purchase one of their "bargain" trailers, be sure to inquire
about the tongue design!
RedTrailers also come complete with a Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO)
that simplifies the process of registering the trailer for use on the road. Without
the MCO, many states require an elaborate certification process that can delay the registration
of your trailer by weeks, or even months!
Don't forget that we also carry a full line of replacement
parts for your RedTrailer, and a wide variety of other parts and
- Bed Structure - 5' x 8'
- Deck to Coupler Clearance - 38"
- Coupler Height When Level - 15"
- Ground Clearance (Axle) - 9"
- Overall Width Including Fenders - 75"
- Height When Folded for Storage - 86"
- Axle - 1.5" C-Channel Steel
- 3-Leaf Axle Springs
- Weight of Trailer and Ramps - 365 lbs.
- Max Load Capacity - 1085 lbs.
- Gross Axle Weight Rating - 1450 lbs. Using Supplied Tires & Rims at 60 PSI Cold
- Gross Vehicle Weight Rating - 1450 lbs. (can be upgraded to 2000 lbs.)
- Width of Each Ramp - 5-3/8"
- Distance Between Ramps - 50" (center to center)
- D.O.T./C.S.A. Compliant Stop, Turn, Tail & Running Light Assemblies
- D.O.T./C.S.A. Compliant Amber Running Lights
- 4-Flat Trailer Wiring Connector
- 16 Ga Wire Throughout
- 1-7/8" Latch Closure Steel Coupler
- Class I, 2000 lbs Max Rating
- Bolt-On Safety Chains
- Recommended Accessory: Coupler Lock
- 1.5" x 3" x 2.5mm C-Channel Frame Structure
- 2.5" wide x 2" high Tongue
- 8 Steel Stake Pockets
- Durable Black Powder Coat Enamel Finish
- Painted 12 x 3.75 Steel Rims
- 4-Bolt EasyLube Hubs
- 4.8-12 (B) Tubeless Tires
This trailer kit includes two SJ8541 motorcycle ramps.
When mounted on the edges of the trailer (as pictured above), the ramps are 50" apart (center
to center) — but there are actually three mounting positions available. Each ramp
can be mounted along the left edge, along the right edge, or down the center of the trailer (as
pictured at left).
RedTrailer storage is a snap!
- Once assembled, RedTrailer Folding Trailers simply fold up for easy storage in a compact area of any garage, barn or shed.
- Remove the motorcycle rails (each rail is held in place by 3 bolts).
- Unscrew the bolt that secures the rear side rails.
- Fold the rear of the trailer over onto the front.
- Tilt the trailer onto the storage casters.
- Remove the crossmember bolt and fold down the tongue.
- The RedTrailer now rolls easily to its storage position on built-in casters!
Easy loading and unloading!
- RedTrailer Folding Trailers can be tilted while hitched, making it easy to load and unload the trailer.
B. McMahon of Basking Ridge, NJ writes: "I think my RedTrailer is about the best trailer of that size on the market ... I love mine! I use it as a canoe trailer, camping trailer for all our gear, to transport my Husqvarna 48" deck Lawn Tractor — I couldn't live without it, given my family's interests now!"
J. McKown of Thonotosassa, FL writes: "I love your trailers. They are awesome."
Trailers cannot be shipped outside the contiguous United States.
Once shipped, trailers are usually delivered
in 7 business days or less. We cannot ship to a P.O.
Please note that you can SAVE on shipping charges by having
your trailer delivered to a commercial address. Many freight carriers apply a
surcharge for deliveries to residential addresses. You can avoid this surcharge by asking
us to deliver your trailer to a commercial address (perhaps to your place of employment,
or to a friend's business).